Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• Information you give to us. This is information about you that you give to use by filing forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register for our newsletter, enter a competition, promotion or survey, participate in social media functions, when you register as a trade user of our portal, place a trade order on our site, employment details if you send us a CV in connection with an advertised job vacancy or general enquiry regarding employment opportunities, report a problem with our Site and or otherwise send a communication to us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we will automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
• Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this Site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We use the following types of cookies :
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate purposes to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org
which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
Cookie name: Inginius_SESSION
Purpose: This stores any data that persists between page loads on the Site.
Type & duration: Session only
Cookie name: Inginius_AUTH
Purpose: The saves information to a user profile.
Type & duration: Session only
Cookie name: d3r_ck
Purpose: This stores if the user has accepted cookies or not.
Type & duration: Persistent
Third party cookies
Cookie name: _ga
Purpose: Google analytics cookie used to distinguish users
Type & duration: Persistent (2 year expiry)
Cookie name: _gid
Purpose: Google analytics cookies used to distinguish users
Type & duration: Persistent (24 hours expiry)
Cookie name: _hjIncludedInSample
Purpose: Hotjar cookie to distinguish user and sample
Type & duration: Persistent (1 year expiry)
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, if you have ticked the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data indicating your consent to receiving marketing material from us;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure in our legitimate interests that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our Site under our terms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, and, in our legitimate interests, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our legitimate efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• for our legitimate interest of measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we may serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them in our legitimate interests and subject to your stated preferences where relevant.
• Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
• Information sharing
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, leaving feedback and ratings on our products, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing IT and other support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is important to us. The Site is intended for use only by persons who are at least 18 years of age. By using the Site, you confirm to us that you meet this requirement and that, if you are under the age of 18, you have received permission from your parent or guardian before using the Site or sending any personal information to us or anyone else online.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personal information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that may not be subject to equivalent Data Protection Law. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Where personal data is transferred in relation to providing our services we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is subject to appropriate safeguards, such as relying on a recognised legal adequacy mechanism which may include by entering into EC approved standard contractual clauses relevant to transfers of personal information (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/dataprotection/internationaltransfers/transfer/index_en.htm
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We use encrypted SSL technology on the Site. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We retain personal data for the duration of any actively engaged user of our Site and services and for a period after this time as necessary and relevant to our legitimate operations, our terms of service and in accordance with applicable law obligations. This may include retention necessary to identify, issue or resolve legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
• to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
• to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
• to request that we cease processing your data;
• to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
• to request that your data be transferred to a third party.
We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also object to receiving further marketing at any time without detriment.